Join us in Honolulu for IICE2022!
January 06-09, 2022 | The Hawai'i Convention Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Aloha and welcome to the beautiful island of Oahu, home to The IAFOR International Conference on Education in Hawaii (IICE), and The IAFOR International Conference on Arts & Humanities in Hawaii (IICAH).
Held in partnership with the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, this international conference encourages academics and scholars to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum stimulating respectful dialogue, by bringing together university scholars working throughout Hawai'i, the United States, Asia, and beyond to share ideas and research at the intersection of education, and the arts and humanities. This event will afford an exceptional opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, networking, and facilitating partnerships across national and disciplinary borders.
Since its founding in 2009, IAFOR has brought people and ideas together in a variety of events and platforms to promote and celebrate interdisciplinary study, and underline its importance. Over the past year we have engaged in many cross-sectoral projects, including those with universities (the University of Barcelona, Hofstra University, UCL, University of Belgrade and Moscow State University), think tanks (the East-West Center), as well as collaborative projects with the United Nations in New York, and the Government of Japan through the Prime Minister’s office, and right here in Honolulu with the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa for this conference!
With the IAFOR Research Centre at the Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) at Osaka University, we have engaged in a number of interdisciplinary initiatives we believe will have an important impact on domestic and international public policy conversations. It is through conferences like these that we expand our network and partners, and we have no doubt that IICE2022 and IICAH2022 will offer a remarkable opportunity for the sharing of research and best practice, for the meeting of people and ideas. We expect the resultant professional and personal collaborations to endure for many years, and we look forward to seeing you in Honolulu!
The 7th IAFOR International Conference on Education in Hawaii (IICE2022) will be held alongside The IAFOR International Conference on Arts & Humanities in Hawaii (IICAH2022), and many of the sessions will concentrate on areas at the intersection of education and the arts and humanities. In keeping with IAFOR’s commitment to interdisciplinary study, delegates at either conference are encouraged to attend sessions in other disciplines. Registration for either conference will allow delegates to attend sessions in the other.
– The IICE2022 Organising Committee
Failautusi ‘Tusi’ Avegalio, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, United States
Joseph Haldane, The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), Japan
Curtis Ho, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, United States
Barbara Lockee, Virginia Tech, United States
James W. McNally, University of Michigan, USA & NACDA Program on Aging
Alex Means, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, United States
Michael Menchaca, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, United States
Sela V. Panapasa, University of Michigan, United States
Hiagi M. Wesley, Brigham Young University – Hawaii, United States
Xu Di, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, United States
IAFOR Journal of Education (Scopus Indexed Journal)
This conference is associated with the Scopus and DOAJ listed IAFOR Journal of Education.
The Organising Committee of The 7th IAFOR International Conference on Education in Hawaii (IICE) is composed of distinguished academics who are experts in their fields. Organising Committee members may also be members of IAFOR's International Academic Advisory Board. The Organising Committee is responsible for nominating and vetting Keynote and Featured Speakers; developing the conference programme, including special workshops, panels, targeted sessions, and so forth; event outreach and promotion; recommending and attracting future Organising Committee members; working with IAFOR to select PhD students and early career academics for IAFOR-funded grants and scholarships; and overseeing the reviewing of abstracts submitted to the conference.
IICE2022 Review Committee
- Professor Dolapo Adeniji-Neill, Adelphi University, United States
- Dr Balamuralithara Balakrishnan, Sultan Idris Education University, Malaysia
- Professor Valentina Canese, Universidad Nacional de Asunción, Paraguay
- Dr Yung-Huei Chen, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
- Dr Edsoulla Chung, The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Dr Joanie Crandall, Yorkville University, Canada
- Dr Lorna Dimatatac, Technological Institute of the Philippines, Philippines
- Professor Biljana Djoric Francuski, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Dr Rayna Fujii, University of Hawai'i Manoa, United States
- Dr Stacy George, University of Hawaii at Manoa, United States
- Dr Minako Inoue, Health Science University, Japan
- Professor Heeseon Jang, Pyeongtaek University, South Korea
- Dr Erick Kong, California State University East Bay, United States
- Dr Abdelaziz Mohammed, Albaha University, Saudi Arabia
- Dr Matthew Motyka, University of San Francisco, United States
- Dr Esther Ntuli, Idaho State University, United States
- Dr Zanita Glenda Plaga, West Visayas State University, Philippines
- Dr Miguel Varela, Academic Bridge Program, Qatar
- Dr Yifeng Yuan, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Education Technology Insights is a high-quality magazine that explores knowledge in renewed aspects of the latest innovations and technologies in the Education Industry; brings forth the unique offerings of market leaders to assist education experts in establishing institutions alike. With 45000 qualified subscribers across the U.S; Principals, Media Directors, CIO/CTO, being the subscribers, Education Technology Insights keeps the target readers engaged with a never-ending flow of analysis, discussions, by the great intellects of the industry.